Followers ... Thank you so much for taking the time to follow me in my little piece of blog land ..

Sunday 19 February 2012

Happy "Mad Hatter" Birthday Trevor

Well folks, it's time for another birthday card .... This one is for our friend Trevor (from our trivia group) and I don't know if I've mentioned before I don't cope with "boy" cards (I think I might say this every time I make one!).  I am such a girly girl card maker ... bling, flowers, pink, lace, pearls, scalloped edges, did I mention pink lol?  Trevor and the rest of the group loved the card and I hope you like it too ...

SO this is my attempt at a "boy" card aged over 9 years lol ...


I must say that this card fits so many amazing challenges out there this week that I don't think I will enter them all coz it's just far too many.  The card follows a sketch from Pixie Dust Studios because I knew I wanted to colour this particular stamp of theirs, "Touch of Depp" all because of the "T" bag in the cup ("T" for Trevor) lol.  Isn't it funny where our mind goes sometimes when creating?

I've used my copics to colour, distressed the tags and my paper with scissors and ink, added a sentiment and some string ... I admitted to the guys that I was sooo tempted to add some girly bling but held back and Trevor was very grateful for that lol ...

 CHALLENGES I WOULD LIKE TO ENTER MY CARD INTO:
(Make a tag or use a tag on your creations)
(Male cards are so out of comfort for me and are only ever attempted when I have to ... not for 'fun' lol)
(Make a tag or use a tag on your card/creation)


Used:
Paper - SU! CS, Kaiser & Basic Grey PP
Stamps - Pixie Dust Studios "Touch of Depp" digi stamp, SU! Sentiment
Other - Martha Stewart border punch, string, Tim Holtz distress ink, Nestabilities Fancy Tags die, copics


19 comments:

  1. A gorgeous tag it take, love the detail, thank you for joining us at the Emerald Faerie Garden
    Hugs Kate xx
    ps I have candy if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely sweetie. Thank you for joining us at Digi Doodles Shop's Challenges and good luck.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable card! I love how you used the tags. What a clever idea! Thanks for joining the Pixies this week at Pixie Dust Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous male card...Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the way you put this together! Love the twine too! Thanks for joining us at the SNSDC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome card, love the distressing, thank you for joining our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop challenges this week, hugs, martina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card I love your image and it makes your card very boy. I know what you mean about boy cards and difficulty in making them.. I had to do one this week as well..
    Good luck with the challenges:)
    Vic

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card and such a cool image. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up, hope to see you back next week!

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely supercool. Love how you've used those tags and I love the colouring too. Thanks for playing at Digi Doodle Shop Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back thursday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very creative! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just fabulous, lots of detail and interest, and a really cute image! Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. fabulous card Julie :-) the image is fab and the colours and design are perfect for a boy ! :-)

    congratulations !! you have won the $50 voucher on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally adorable!
    Thanks for joining in on the
    Emerald Faerie Garden challenge
    Hugs Nela

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful card!! I love your take on the inspiration! Thank you for playing along at the SNSDC.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Julie, I just read your comment on the SNSDC...I cannot edit or delete your entry but it still leads to here. I assume you don't have to worry about deleting ;) Thank you again for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is an amazing card! Love the distressed look! WONDERFUL!! Pixie HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for playing along with us that the SNSDC. Your card is fantastic! I struggle with masculine cards as well but I would never know you did if you hadn't told us.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for joining us at The Emerald Faerie Garden with this gorgeous creation. Love it. Hugs...Mona

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute, cute, CUTE!! Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls!!

    ReplyDelete